How to comment on a Planning Application
There are three ways to comment on a planning application
- Email to email@example.com quoting the relevant Planning Reference Number.
- Post your comments on the council planning website form against the application concerned (this is the preferred method for the Council).
Use this page of the Council website to locate the relevant Planning Application (https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/info/20064/planning_decisions ). There are several ways listed here to search for the planning application. Once you locate it you will see a summary of the application as below. The location (i.e. address) of the application and the Planning Reference Number will be where the blue boxes are below
Click on the “Click here to comment on this application” and follow the instructions. If you do NOT see such a link after the short description of the application then it means the application is NOT open for comments from residents (e.g. it has already been approved, or has been withdrawn) – this can be seen from the Decision field.
3. Send a letter with your comments to:
London Borough of Hounslow
Please ensure the Planning Reference Number is included at the head of your letter.
You should note the following:
- Comments should be restricted to planning considerations only (such as failure to meet planning guidelines, impact on infrastructure, pollution, compatibility with surrounding area and similar matters). Impact on house prices is not a planning consideration;
- Receipt of your comments should be acknowledged by the Council. You should retain a copy of your submission. It would be helpful if you would also send a copy to OWGRA (at firstname.lastname@example.org) for our records;
- Your submission must include your name and address and clearly state whether you support or object to the application.
- You must quote the Planning Reference Number on all communications otherwise your views will not be counted.