We are blessed with a wide range of sports facilities and other assets in the area, which we are trying to protect as they are an essential part of the character of the area that we all value so much. The best way to ensure these remain is to use them!
There are a number of sports clubs in the area, almost all of which you can join to play sports, or just to be a social member. These include
|Goals||MacFarlane Lane||Football||Bar Room for hire||www.goalsfootball.co.uk/clubs/south-east/gillette-corner/|
|Grasshoppers Rugby Football Club||Syon Lane||Rugby Netball||Bar Room for hire||www.grasshoppersrfc.com/|
|Indian Gymkhana Club||Thornbury Avenue||Cricket Football Hockey||Bar Restaurant Banqueting suite and room for hire Gymnasium||www.indiangymkhanaclub.co.uk/|
|Old Isleworthians||Wood Lane||Football Rugby Cricket||Bar Room for hire||www.isleworthians.co.uk/|
|Osterley Bowls||St. Mary’s Crescent||Crowngreen Bowling||www.osterleybowlsclub.org/|
|Osterley Sports & Athletic Centre||Wood Lane||Athletics Badminton Basketball Bowls Table Tennis Netball Volleyball||www.fusion-lifestyle.com/centres/osterley-sports-athletics-centre/|
|Greenwood Osterley Archers||MacFarlane Lane||Archery||http://greenwoodosterley.wixsite.com/archers-board|
|St. Mary’s Tennis Club||Musgrave Road||Tennis||Clubhouse for hire||www.stmarystennisclub.co.uk/|
|Thistleworth Tennis Club||Ridgeway Road North||Tennis||Bar Room for hire||www.thistleworth.net/|
|Wyke Green Golf Club||Syon Lane||Golf||Bar Room for hire||www.wykegreengolfclub.co.uk/|
|Wycombe House Sports and Social Club||Jersey Road||Tennis Cricket||Bar Room for hire||www.whtennis.co.uk/ http://www.wycombehousecc.co.uk/|
We also have several parks open to the public.
Osterley Park (accessed from Jersey Road is open 364 days a year. In 2019 there are lots of ways for people to get active at Osterley Park.
- Couch to 5km: on 8 January at 10.30 am the next ‘Couch to 5km’ running program begins; this is a 9-week program for complete beginners looking to get into running with the end goal of running 5km continuously.
- Osterley Parkrun (5 km) continues every Saturday at 9 am which is free for all participants, and the junior version (2 km) is held every Sunday at 9 am.
- Health Walks: for those looking for some more gentle exercise there are 2 Health Walks each month, on the second and last Wednesday of each month at 10 am, these are a great chance for people to socialise and get active at the same time and are free of charge.
- Yoga returns to Osterley on 7 April every Sunday at 9.15 am in the main house (price is £7 a session); these sessions are extremely popular and are run by The House of Yoga.
- Cycling: Osterley Park have been the recipient of major funding from British Cycling and HSBC UK to support a new cycle hire facility on the estate. There are now around 60 bicycles for hire suitable for all ages and abilities with hire starting from just £3, this adds a new dimension to the visitor offer at Osterley.
For information about all activities at Osterley Park go to https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/osterleypark-and-house/whats-on . If there are any sports activities that you would like to see at Osterley please feel free to contact Ed Hewison on email@example.com .
Other parks in the area include Jersey Gardens (accessed from St. Mary’s Crescent/Ridgeway Road North/Wood Lane North), the open space around the junction of Jersey Road, Syon Lane and Windmill Lane and Marbaix Gardens (accessed from Thornbury Road). In addition there are various smaller open areas (e.g. the centre of Leigham Drive and the pedestrian connection between The Grove and Harvard Road) which materially support the character of the area.